Thursday, January 24, 2008

Velocity group grows by 50% :)



We now have three members (Velomancer, yeewahsing, FijiGlen) on the Velocity My Cycling Log Group who have cycled nearly 600km since 01 Jan 08. 340km of those in the last 7 days!!!

I've noticed my average speed increase 5km/h since I joined the Velocity My Cycling Log Group. And my milage (kilometreage just doesn't sound right... does it?) has increased dramatically... probably because this log is public and I don't want to look like a complete wimp. Or, it could be because I set myself a goal of 150km per week. While this is not easy it is doable if I put my mind (and body) to it.

I missed riding yesterday and I was very conscious that if I didn't put some extra Ks in today to catch up, I'd really fall behind.

So, I find the structure of the Velocity My Cycling Log Group along with the feeling that if I don't put in the kilometres the whole group total and average goes down.... AND not embarrassing myself all good motivators.

No comments: